Submit a concern about a charity
The Commission welcomes information that enables us to ensure charities are being run properly for the benefit of their beneficiaries.
If you have a concern about a Northern Ireland charity that you have been unable to resolve directly with the charity, and which you think meets the criteria for matters the Commission can deal with, as outlined in our Concerns about charities guidance, please complete the confidential, online Concern about a charity: form available below.
In submitting a concern about a charity, we would like to make you aware of the following.
- We have an evidence-based approach to our work and always test allegations before deciding on our action. This is to ensure we are fair to charities.
- Please send us all the evidence you have to support your concern and make sure that all this information is included at the outset and not submitted to us piecemeal, as this prevents us from assessing all the facts effectively.
- We will not reconsider concerns that we have already dealt with unless circumstances have changed materially, or significant new evidence has become available.
- It is an offence to knowingly or recklessly provide false information to the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland. Please think carefully when completing this form and make sure the information is accurate to the best of your knowledge, supported by all the evidence you have. If you have doubts about any of your information, it may be worth considering professional advice.
- The Commission is dealing with a high volume of concerns and related queries at present, so it may take us some time before we are able to respond to your concern. We will acknowledge receipt of your concerns within 10 working days. Please be assured that your concern is important to us and will be considered in due course.
If you need any help or wish to ask us a question about this form, please contact us.Concern about a charity: form