The Commission has developed a range of materials, available on this website, relating to the regulation of charities operating within Northern Ireland. If you need advice about a specific issue we suggest you first look at the specific section of the website which relates to your query or issue. All our guidance and other resources are available free of charge for you to download and use.
Alternatively, you may be interested in one of the following areas:
- For charity registration queries, please visit our Registration section to access our registration information, guidance and support tools.
- Check if you are on one of the Commission's registration lists and complete the online expression of intent form.
- Learn more about annual reporting and complete your annual return online.
- Update your charity's details on the online register of charities
- Find out how you can submit a concern about a Northern Ireland charity
- Contact our press office.
If your query is one which cannot be resolved by our online forms or guidance, please complete the contact us form below to submit your query or provide feedback to the Commission.
Please note that if you have a concern or a complaint about a Northern Ireland charity, and you think that it meets the criteria for those that we will take up as outlined in our Concerns about charities guidance, then please complete the confidential, online Concern about a charity: form available here.
Alternative contact methods
The best way to contact us is by using the online form above.
This is the easiest, cheapest and quickest way for you to contact us. We ask, if at all possible, for you to use this method of contact in the first instance and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you are unable to use the online form, you can telephone or write to us using the details below:
Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
257 Lough Road
If you need to speak to someone over the phone you can call us on 028 3832 0220 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, except public holidays. You can also contact us by fax on 028 3834 5943.
If you have speech or hearing difficulties, you can contact us using textphone on 028 3834 7639. A textphone should not be used to send a text message from a mobile phone to the Commission.