Before completing this form please read our New powers for unincorporated charities guidance.
This form should be used by unincorporated charities who wish to notify the Commission that they have exercised the relevant powers under the Charities Act (Northern Ireland) 2008 to:
- transfer all property to another charity (section 123 of the Act)
- transfer permanent endowment and unrestricted property (section 125
- replace the purposes of a charity (section 126)
- spend permanent endowment funds given for a particular purpose, if your organisation is a large charity (section 129)
- spend permanent endowment funds of a special trust (section 130).
When should this form not be used?
->If you wish to exercise your power to modify the administrative powers or procedures of your charity under section 127 of the Act, you may do so without notifying the Commission and do not need to complete this form.
->If you wish to exercise your power to spend capital subject to an endowment fund under section 128 of the Act, you may do so without notifying the Commission and do not need to complete this form.
->If your charity:
- exceeds the gross income or land/fund value thresholds for each section; or
- is a charitable company or other corporate body
you cannot use this notification form and must use the Request a scheme: application form.
You should complete all parts of this form as they apply to your charity. If you need any help or wish to ask us a question about this form, please contact us.
It is an offence to knowingly or recklessly provide false information to the Charity Commission. If in doubt about completing this form, you should seek professional advice.