Appointments to the Charity Commission
The Department of Communities (DfC) is calling for applications for the appointment of a Deputy Chief Commissioner and two Commissioners (one with relevant accountancy experience) to the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland.
The main purpose of the Commission is to register, regulate and report on the charity sector in Northern Ireland. The Commission assists charities, enabling them to meet their legal and regulatory obligations and modern expectations thereby helping to ensure they retain public confidence.
The Board of Commissioners is corporately responsible for ensuring the Commission fulfils the aims and objectives set by the Department and approved by the Minister, and for promoting the efficient, effective and economic use of staff and other resources by the Commission.
Details of the appointment:
- remuneration: The Deputy Chief Commissioner position attracts remuneration of £3,500 per year and is eligible to claim allowances, at rates set centrally, for travel and subsistence costs necessarily incurred on Commission business. Both of the Commissioner positions attract remuneration of £2,300 per year and are eligible to claim allowances, at rates set centrally, for travel and subsistence costs necessarily incurred on Commission business.
- period of appointment: The appointments of a Deputy Chief Commissioner and one Commissioner are expected to commence on 1 June 2018. The appointment of the Commissioner with relevant accountancy experience is expected to commence on 1 September 2018. All appointments will be for a term of up to 5 years.
- time commitment: The Deputy Chief Commissioner post will require a commitment, which is currently under review, of approximately two days per month. This may involve a commitment both inside and outside normal working hours. The Commissioner posts will require a commitment, which is currently under review, of approximately one to two days per month. This may involve a commitment both inside and outside normal working hours.
- This appointment is regulated by CPA NI
- closing date: applications to be received by noon on 23 March 2018.
You can find out more about the post including how to apply at: https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/dfc-public-appointments