Emergencies Leadership Group
An Emergencies Leadership Group has been established by Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey to co-ordinate a joint Government/sector response to the COVID-19 crisis.
The Emergencies Leadership Group held its first two meetings on 20 and 26 March and will report to the Minister and onward to the NI Executive Emergency Contingencies Group.
It is establishing a number of sub-groups to co-ordinate different elements of the Covid-19 response, namely:
- Communication & Engagement (Lead: Seamus McAleavey, NICVA)
- Volunteering Response (Lead: Denise Hayward, Volunteer Now)
- Food Response (Maeve Monaghan, NOW Group)
- Medicine/Pharmacy and utility supplies (Joanne Morgan, Community Development & Health Network)
- Well-being in self-isolation (TBC)
- COVID-19 Community Helpline (Kevin Higgins Advice NI)
- COVID-19 Funding (Moira Doherty, Department for Communities)