Charities SORP research exercise launched
An invitation to comment on how the new Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) can be further improved, has been launched
Views are sought on:
- the SORP’s structure, format and accessibility
- implementation issues that require improvements to the SORP
- SORP Committee members’ suggestions for changes to the SORP
- charity regulator themes for making changes to the SORP
- your ideas for items to remove, change or add to improve the SORP.
The Charity Commission for England and Wales (CCEW) and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), which together are the SORP-making body, launched the consultation on 4 May 2016.
It will close on 11 December 2016 – an extended consultation period intended to allow users of charity reports and accounts and users of the SORP a wide opportunity to take part and share their views.
For further information on the Charities SORP, to view the invitation to comment document or find out how to take part please visit the SORP micro site at http://www.charitysorp.org/