Once registration begins, if your application for registration is successful, we will enter your charity’s details on the register of charities, and many of these will be publicly accessible. We will issue you with a password which will allow you to access to some of your charity’s details on the electronic copy of the register to keep them up to date. The details you will be able to update are:
- charity contact details;
- email addresses for Commission use and for public display;
- financial year end;
- your charity’s website address;
- where your charity operates;
- who does your charity help;
- description of activities;
- your trustees’ details.
If the charity's contact or email details are out of date, and you do not have a password or cannot access our online services, you can contact us to get them updated.
For security reasons, any change of email details will be subject to a validation procedure.
There are some details which you will not be able to change, such as your charity’s purposes. If your charity’s purposes change, you will have to notify us. We will ensure that your change of purposes has not altered the charitable nature of your organisation. If we agree to the changes, the Commission will update the register with your new purposes.
Some important features of the online system are:
- updates to details will normally be reflected on the electronic register within an hour;
- it is secure, and detail of changes you submit cannot be altered by anyone else;
- the system is available at a time to suit you.