This section will bring together all our published guidance, reports, factsheets and other resources.
- Start up a charity - what you need to know if you're thinking of forming a charity.
- Charity essentials - your duties as a charity trustee and how to run your charity effectively.
- Charity accounting and reporting - what you need to send to us each year, how detailed your charity's accounts and report need to be and why they are essential.
- Charity governance - the principles of good governance, plus detailed guidance on managing your charity's resources, managing risk and environmental responsibility.
- Charity activities - how to remain independent and for the public benefit, and how you can get maximum benefit for your beneficiaries by working with other charities.
- Legislation - links to the Charities Act (Northern Ireland) 2008 and to a "live" version of the Act that shows only those parts that have already been brought into operation.
Frequently asked questions